Friday, May 22, 2009

Dillon on uTurf

DILLON CONSTANTINE 2009.05.21
Dillon with a hefty ollie. All photos: Ceglia

Name, age, sponsors?
Dillon Constantine, and I'm 17 years of age. People who help me out are NJ Skateshop, Zoo York (flow), Vans (flow), Spitfire (flow), and Boner Bolts.

Who do you usually skate with?
Weekdays with some hometown kids; on weekends rippers such as Chris Rozborski, Bill Marshall, John Cruz, Matt Eaton and everyone who lives up north. Too many kids to name, but they're all awesome.

What gets you motivated to skate every day?
A good Modest Mouse song or any Jon West part. Art Bars has both, so it's a win-win for me.

Why is Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese the staple New Jersey breakfast?
I didn't know it was until you just told me. I don't mess around with anything but bagels in the morning.

What are your usual tactics for picking up ladies while driving?
When I drive, I can't really do anything but beat the horn, but when someone else drives it gets crazy. I start off by beeping at them and yelling, "Yo, baby!" or just beep and start cheering and they usually get stoked on that. If they're not stoked, well, then they aren't for me.

Frontside nosegrind pop-out.

What's the worst thing about high school chicks?
Drama! Last night, my ex-friend's girlfriend came to my house at 11:30 yelling at me, asking me questions. Right there, you should understand that all high school girls are crazy enough to drive to your house at 11:30 at night to yell at you. It's too crazy for me, but I love them anyway.

What music gets you psyched to skate? Would you prefer late '90s R&B or early millennium boy bands?
Boy bands? Was that really a question? Everything to be honest. I get stoked a lot when certain artists get it done, like Beer Girls! Found out about them last weekend and it's on my iPod, which is getting the job done. Clap for yourselves on that one.

What's the most embarrassing song on your iPod?
Dawson's Creek theme song, but we all have our fixes in life.

What do you see yourself doing after you're done with high school?
So much more time! I don't even know. I would like to go to college for at least two years to get some type of education because 12 years of normal school really didn't do the trick for me. Make that 13 -- first grade was not a good year for me.

Frontside 5-0 on a tall hubba.

Any last words?
Why not? Thank you Chris and Steve from NJ -- I owe you my child. Seamus and Ben from Zoo, Cottle from Vans, Brad from Spitfire, and Skegs -- you're the man! Bill Marshall for letting me sleep on his floor every weekend, Davy and BJ for filming every weekend and being awesome, Rozbo for never being in a bad mood always getting me stoked, Nico for pushing me to skate, and everyone who has ever helped me even when I didn't deserve it. FEELING THE JUICE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment